Showing up to Thanksgiving dinner at her ‘rents place? Or just want to step up your game with the lady this fall? This light version of my favorite slice is half the calories of regular pumpkin pie and it’s got all the flavor. If you can whisk and pour you can make this pie.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup light coconut milk (from a can) or 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pre-made pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, cornstarch, salt, and spices.
- Mix on medium-low speed until well combined and smooth.
- Pour pumpkin pie mix into the crust inside an 8″ pie tin. Place on to the bottom rack, bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prior to pre-heating the oven, move your baker’s rack to the lowest level.
- If your pie is looking full, place the pie tin on a baking sheet to prevent a mess in the oven.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!