3. Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Instead of 100 plus calories per each buffalo wing, use the same flavor combinations (plus healthy spinach!) to make a mouthwatering whole grain pizza that everyone will love.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
1 whole wheat pizza crust
1/3 cup marinara sauce
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
3/4 cup spinach or kale, shredded
1/4 cup red onion, diced
For the buffalo sauce
1 tablespoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Frank’s Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400-450 degrees F (depending on type of crust used.) Spray pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray and lay crust out flat on top.
2. Grill 8 ounces of chicken in skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Flip frequently and use salt and pepper as desired. Once fully cooked, remove chicken from skillet and lay to cool slightly on cutting board. Shred chicken into very small pieces.
3. Spread marinara sauce on crust. Add the shredded chicken, cheese, shredded kale/spinach, red onion, and any other vegetables desired. Cook in oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on crust) until lightly browned on top.
4. Make buffalo sauce to drizzle on top of pizza after baking by mixing 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon Frank’s Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce together in small bowl. Use a spoon to drizzle on top and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per slice)
Calories: 149; Total Fat: 3 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 12 grams: Carbohydrates: 19 grams; Sugar: 1 gram; Fiber: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 28 milligrams; Sodium: 249 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Angie Asche, MS, RD, LMNT of Eleat Sports Nutrition, LLC.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top