6. Recipe: Manchego Stuffed Dates
If your guests have a more sophisticated palate, whip up these dates stuffed with manchego cheese and wrapped with a small piece of prosciutto. Once assembled, toss them in a two ingredient wine syrup that is a snap to make.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 28 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
16 small very small matchstick slices of manchego cheese, cut into the length of the dates
4 slices of prosciutto cut into quarters
½ cup Cabernet
1½ tablespoons honey
Pistachios, for serving if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with a wired cooling rack on top of it.
2. Carefully pry open the date at open slit and stuff in a piece of manchego cheese. Tightly wrap the piece of prosciutto around the date, making sure to fully cover the opening like a blanket. Plate onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the prosciutto gets crispy and the cheese begins to slightly melt.
3. Meanwhile, add the Cabernet and honey to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until syrupy and thick.
4. Once the prosciutto dates are crispy, transfer them to the pan and toss in the wine syrup. Transfer to a serving tray or bowl with toothpicks, garnish with nuts and enjoy warm.
Nutrition Information (per piece)
Calories: 49; Total Fat: 1 gram; Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams; Protein: 2 grams: Carbohydrates: 8 grams; Sugar: 7 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 3 milligrams; Sodium: 55 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Abbey Sharp, RD of Abbey’s Kitchen.Back to top