8. Recipe: Crunchy Rosemary Chickpeas
This amazingly crunchy snack is made with chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans) which happen to be high in fiber and muscle-building protein.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 1 hour
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
Coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
2. Drain chickpeas and dry well with a paper towel.
3. Place on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, kosher salt, and rosemary; toss well to coat.
4. Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, turning periodically, until crisp and sizzling.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool and serve at room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Information (per ¼ cup serving)
Calories: 203; Total Fat: 5 grams; Saturated Fat: 0 grams; Protein: 10 grams: Carbohydrates: 30 grams; Sugar: 5 grams; Fiber: 9 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 206 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Dana Angelo White, registered dietitian and certified athletic trainerBack to top