Plenty of pepper and spices prop up this tasty fajita that, thanks to grilled chicken and avocado, is the perfect post-workout meal.
Nutrition (per serving)
510 calories; 40g protein; 45g carbs; 20g fat
Makes 2 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 7 oz chicken breast (weighed uncooked)
- 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 taco-size sprouted-grain tortillas, thawed in fridge
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp salsa, no sugar added
- 2 Tbsp shredded lettuce
- 1 Tbsp shredded Monterey Jack cheese
How to make it
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a small baking pan, spread sliced peppers and onion on the bottom. Then slice chicken breast into long strips about an inch thick, and spread strips on top of peppers and onions.
Add olive oil and spices to chicken, peppers, and onions. Toss mixture until it’s well-coated. Completely cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
While chicken is cooking, heat tortillas in the microwave (about 30 seconds) or oven (60 seconds).
Fill 1 warm tortilla with half of the chicken mixture, 1 to 2 slices of avocado, 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt, 1/2 Tbsp salsa, 1 Tbsp lettuce, and a pinch of cheese. Repeat with the other tortilla.