The delicious aroma of roasted peanuts will fill your house with this super simple recipe. So fire up the oven, and get roasting!
Skill Level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
2 cups raw peanuts
½ teaspoon olive oil (or sesame oil if you have it)
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon cane sugar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a baking sheet liberally with nonstick spray.
3. In a small bowl, combine peanuts, olive oil, smoked paprika, sugar and salt. With a spatula, mix thoroughly until all peanuts are evenly coated.
4. Place on baking sheet in the middle of your oven.
5. Heat for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove and let cool. Some carry over cooking will occur.
7. Store in an airtight container and eat within 10 days for optimal freshness.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 210; Total Fat: 19 grams; Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams; Protein: 9 grams: Carbohydrates: 6 grams; Sugar: 2 grams; Fiber: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 40 milligrams
Recipe and photo by Elizabeth Ann Shaw, MS, RDN, CLT of Shaw’s Simple Swaps.Back to top