So you want to make some macaroni and cheese, but you want to make it vegan? Here are all the instructions and ingredients you’ll need to do it.
Make it: “Cheesy”
You can make a satisfying, unctuous sauce that’s a decent replacement for cheddar using an old hippie method, pairing fat from nuts; smoothness (and color) from squash; and umami from miso, yeast, and paprika. Goes great on nachos, too.
Recipe from THE WICKED HEALTHY COOKBOOK
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked
How to make it