Modified Mezcal Margarita with Blackberry and Lemon Balm
– 1.5 ounces Mezcal (We used Madre)
– 1 ounce lime juice (we kept the squeezed lime in our drink to encourage the oil to permeate the cocktail and add a bright green note to the taste)
– 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
– Small handful of fresh blackberry
– 3-5 leaves fresh lemon balm
– In our case, we began by muddling the berries and sugar in the bottom of our cup directly (jar, whatever). If you have the tools, straining the blackberries is great. Making a shrub is an excellent way for this to last even longer and give you even more versatility.
– Add Mezcal, lime, ice (or snow), and shake.
– Press lemon balm leaves firmly but delicately to release oils without bruising the leaf and altering its flavor. Add to cocktail on the finish.
– For this drink, we simply left all ingredients in the jar and poured it into our glassware. The colors in our cocktail required no additional garnish.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top