Nutrition Information (per steak)
385 calories, 23 grams total fat, 11 grams saturated fat, 40 grams protein, 6 grams carbs, 2 grams sugar, 1 gram fiber, 113 milligrams cholesterol, 423 milligrams sodium
Recipe and photo by Amee Livingston of Amee’s Savory Dish.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 (4-6 oz) steaks (your cut preference)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red onions, finely diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
Preheat grill, then lower temp to medium-high.
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
Sauté onions until they begin to soften, then stir in spinach and cook until wilted and soft.
Add bread crumbs, feta cheese, seasonings, and sun-dried tomato pesto.
Cook for 1-2 minutes more until mixture is heated through and well incorporated.
Grill steaks 6-8 minutes per side for medium-rare, this depends on the thickness of your steak, so use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Medium-rare steaks should be 125 degrees F and medium should be 130 degrees F.
Preheat the oven broiler and top the cooked steaks with the spinach mixture.
Broil, watching carefully, until topping is heated and just starting to turn lightly golden brown on top.