Need a simple salad for lunch? Here’s an easy recipe you can make with just a few ingredients. Throw in some smoked salmon if you want to add some protein.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 2 cups mesclun mixed greens
- 1 cup cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 large, ripe avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 12 slices lox or smoked salmon (optional)
How to make it
In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, mixed greens, cannellini beans, and cucumber slices.
Toss the salad with half of the vinaigrette. If desired, top the salad with sunflower seeds and avocado slices.