This week, Men’s Fitness is teaming up with the NBA to celebrate NBA FIT Live Healthy Week. While all-star athletes will be promoting fitness and healthy living in communities around the nation, we’re camping out in the kitchen. Each day, we’ll deliver a series of low-calorie, muscle-building, athlete-caliber recipes designed by world-class chefs, like Mario Batali, Candice Kumai, Marc Forgione, Bill Telepan, Ali Maffucci, and Roble Ali. The 20 Fittest Foods>>>
Mixed Green Salad with Herbed Grilled Chicken and Lemon
- 4 4-ounce thin-cut chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 4 handfuls of baby mixed greens
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup radishes, cut into quarters
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a baking dish or shallow bowl, drizzle the chicken cutlets with the olive oil to coat, add all the herbs, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan (or sauté pan) to medium. Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the cutlets. Be sure the chicken is cooked all the way through, you can always remove a piece and cut into it to check for doneness. Remove chicken to a plate. In a bowl, toss the mixed greens, radish and fennel together to lightly coat with olive oil, squeeze on the juice of half the lemon and season with salt and pepper. Distribute the salad evenly onto four plates and top each with a piece of chicken. Squeeze more fresh lemon juice on the chicken and enjoy!
Note: If you do not have time, you can grill the chicken right after coating with the oil and herbs; it just tastes better if it has time to marinate. If you do not have a grill or grill pan you can cook the chicken in a sauté pan, just add a little oil to the pan first.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!