This week, Men’s Fitness is teaming up with the NBA to celebrate NBA FIT Live Healthy Week. While all-star athletes will be promoting fitness and healthy living in communities around the nation, we’re camping out in the kitchen. Each day, we’ll deliver a series of low-calorie, muscle-building, athlete-caliber recipes designed by world-class chefs, like Mario Batali, Candice Kumai, Marc Forgione, Bill Telepan, Ali Maffucci, and Roble Ali.
Breakfast: Spicy Frittata
- Egg whites from 3 eggs
- 1 whole egg 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 sundried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 leaves basil, chiffonade
- Whisk together the eggs. Fold in sriracha, feta cheese, and tomatoes.
- Spray the sides of a small non-stick pan with pam. Heat up the butter in the pan over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots until translucent. Add the egg mixture and cook until the bottom is set. Run a rubber spatula along the sides of the pan.
- Bake the frittata in a 375 degree oven for 3-4 minutes. Change the oven setting to high broil and cook until the frittata is slightly brown on top. Top with the chiffonade basil.
More Recipes From NBA FIT Live Healthy Week:
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!