Together, eggs, sausage, and shrimp turn this low-carb Paleo meal into a 52-gram protein powerhouse. Here are 3 more reasons this kickass recipe makes the perfect lunch, dinner, or post-workout meal.
- Zucchini is a supremely versatile veggie and one of the best sources of the powerful antioxidants beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
- Shrimp has 19 grams of protein in a 3-oz serving, making these delicious sea critters excellent muscle builders.
- Even though sausage is high in fat, it’s also satiating and boosts this recipe’s protein content.
Nutritional info per serving: calories 598; protein 52g; carbs 8g; fat 39g
Makes 3 servings
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 egg
- 12 oz sausage
- 12 oz shrimp, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make it
Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds to form a boat. Transfer the zucchini boats to a foil-lined sheet, then season with kosher salt, pepper, and olive oil. Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine one egg, sausage, and shrimp. Remove the roasted boats and stuff with the sausageshrimp mixture. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the stuffing reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Top with salsa and fresh cilantro.