A great pasta salad is a refreshing culinary twist that combines the best of both worlds—nutrient- and vitamin-rich vegetables with complex carbs and protein. This pesto shrimp and kale-heavy dish includes pasta, fish, and a variety of vegetables to create a nutrition-packed meal that can be thrown together with ease.
Nutrition (per serving)
493 calories; 58g protein; 52g carbs; 9g fat.
Makes 1 servings
- 1 Tbsp jarred pesto sauce
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 oz large, peeled, grilled (or steamed) shrimp (20–25)
- 1 cup chilled, cooked linguini pasta (Cook according to package directions, and then run under cold water and drain.)
- 1 cup kale leaves, shredded
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato slivers
- ½ tsp fresh garlic, minced
How to make it
Mix pesto with vinegar.
Place the shrimp, pasta, kale, tomatoes, and garlic in a salad bowl. Spoon sauce over and toss. Enjoy immediately, or chill and serve later.