Pork is one of the tastiest meats known to man. It’s also healthier than you thought. Protein-packed pork contains choline, a nutrient that can boost your energy and stamina in the gym.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 4 servings
- For the burgers:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated with a zester
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 Tbsp tamari
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For the fixings:
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrots
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into spears
- 4 Kaiser rolls or a baguette (any crunchy bread or roll will do)
How to make it
In a large bowl, mix all of the burger ingredients together. Divide into 4 and shape your burgers, making them about 1/2” thick.
Set your grill to medium-high. Grill your burgers for about 4 minutes per side.
For the “fixings”, get a medium-sized bowl and add the shredded cabbage and carrots, rice vinegar, tamari and sesame oil. Stir to combine.
Layer your bread with a burger, the cabbage/carrot mixture and the cucumbers. Serve.