Duck Fried Rice
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 tablespoons sesame oil
2 cups diced duck meat, soaked in 2 cups of orange juice for at least 4 hours
1 cup thinly sliced green onion (white and green portion)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 cups diced cabbage
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
Salt and pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a large heavy bottomed pot or wok over medium-high heat. Add the duck meat and cook through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan to a plate and set aside.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to the pot over medium-high heat. Add the green onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir-fry for 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add the cabbage, mushrooms and peas, season with salt and pepper and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from the pan to a plate.
4. Over low heat, pour the beaten egg into the pot and scramble with a wooden spoon or spatula. Fold in the rice and add in the vegetables and duck. Moisten with the soy sauce and stir.
5. Spoon the rice onto a serving platter and serve.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top