Spicy Seared Quail
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2-4 servings
4 whole quail, deboned
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup whole wheat flour
4 tablespoons olive oil or grape seed oil
1. Rinse the quail and pat them dry. Season them with salt and pepper inside and out.
2. In a small bowl, combine the spices with the flour and mix until fully blended.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
4. Drop the quail in the bowl of spices and toss so that each piece is well coated.
5. Place them in the skillet and let them brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Remove to paper towels and serve immediately, preferably alongside your favorite salad or grilled fruit.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top