Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 55 minutes
Serves: Serves 6
1 pound of ground venison
2 strips of bacon
1 16 oz can of kidney beans
3 cups of beef or chicken stock
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 whole red onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp cayenne
1 tsp ground chili pepper
½ tsp salt to taste 1 sprig rosemary
3 bay leaves
1. Start by rendering bacon in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Render bacon until crispy and golden brown.
2. Finely dice a red onion and add to the pot with the rendered bacon. Add diced garlic and cook until onion is soft and translucent and garlic is slightly golden.
3. Add beef and brown for about 5 minutes, breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
4. When the meat is browned, add the spices, rosemary, and bay leaves to the pot.
5. Add the kidney beans and diced tomatoes, followed by your stock of choice.
6. Partly cover the pot and let simmer for about an hour and a half until the liquid is full flavored and reduced. Season with salt to taste.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top