Tacos are an easy, family-friendly weeknight dinner and these plant-based freekeh tacos are no exception. Sustainable, simple, high in protein, and delicious, these tacos can be served in traditional shells, on a salad, or in even more creative ways. They’re best however you like them.
Recipe courtesy of Freekeh Foods.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 sweet yellow or red pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 oz) jar of mild salsa divided into 1 cup and 1/4 cup portions
- 1 (8 oz) package cracked freekeh
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 to 3 tsp chipotle chili powder (optional)
How to make it