Note*: When buying corn, look for bright green husks that are wrapped tightly around the ears. Pull back the husk an inch to see if neat rows of kernels adorn the tip. Pop a kernel with your thumbnail to see if it releases milky sap—if so, scoop it up!
Reprinted with permission from Feast by Firelight, text and illustrations copyright ©2018 by Emma Frisch. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photographs copyright © 2018 by Christina Holmes.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 lime
- 3⁄4 cup finely crumbled feta
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup Italian mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ears corn (see Note*), shucked
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- For the mayonnaise:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
How to make it