These Instant Pot freekeh meatballs make weeknight dinners a breeze.
Serve them over traditional pasta, or zucchini noodles, on a sandwich, or on their own. Aside from being incredibly versatile, they’re perfect for meal prep. Leftovers stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days, and you can freeze for 6 months. No food waste here.
Recipe courtesy of Freekeh Foods.
Makes 7 servings
- 2 cups cooked freekeh
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats or oatmeal flakes
- 4 tablespoons almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/3 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper or freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- A dash of sea salt of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 (24 ounce) jarred marinara sauce (to use in the Instant Pot)
How to make it