The creamy beans cooked in a flavorful broth, pungent greens, and sweet onions provide a flavor bomb that also packs in powerful nutrients. Plus, this Instant Pot recipe can be cooked up in 40 minutes—no soaking required.
Recipe by Sharon Palmer, RDN, The Plant-Powered Dietitian, SharonPalmer.com.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ¼ cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped, packed greens (e.g., mustard, chard, collard)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Creole seasoning blend
- 1 vegetable broth bouillon cube
- 3 ½ cups water
How to make it