The rich flavors in this chicken mole sauce improve with age, which makes it a magnificent dish for meal prepping. The ingredients are also flexible, so add or modify ingredients to your liking.
Recipe by Judy Barbe, R.D. author of Your 6-Week Guide to LiveBest, Simple Solutions for Fresh Food & Well-Being.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can water
- 2 skinless, bone-in chicken quarters (leg and thigh)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from chipotles)
- Sesame seeds, optional
How to make it