You might not know this, but tofu cooks very quickly. Couple that with the Instant Pot’s efficiency, and this spicy dish is finished in the time it takes to make rice to go along with it. Whipping up a plant-based meal for the week couldn’t be easier.
Recipe from Instant Pot Obsession by Janet A. Zimmerman (2017).
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- 2 scallions, sliced, for garnish
How to make it