Making a batch of chili and enjoying it on game day with friends and family is an easy and delicious way to entertain. You can also make a batch and serve half, then portion and pack the remainder for the rest of the week’s meals.
This recipe is packed with lean protein, thanks to ground turkey and black beans. It has plenty of flavor, too, with poblano peppers, coriander, and cumin.
Recipe by Virginia Willis for Southern Kitchen.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 2 tablespoons fine cornmeal
- 1/4 cup ground dried chile powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups water
- Grated cheddar cheese, for serving
- Sliced green onions, for serving
- Sour cream or yogurt, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
How to make it