Don’t bypass the capers, which add a bright burst; if you’re using capers packed in salt, rinse them first. It’s important to assemble this dish when the potatoes are warm and can absorb the dressing, but the final dish improves after marinating while chilled.
If desired, prepare the night before and serve cold for lunch the next day.
Reprinted with permission from Feast by Firelight, text and illustrations copyright ©2018 by Emma Frisch. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photographs copyright © 2018 by Christina Holmes.
Makes 6-8 servings
- For the honey mustard dressing:
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey (preferably local)
- 1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
- 8 grinds of the pepper mill
- For the potato salad:
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced celery (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp capers
- 8-10 medium red potatoes
How to make it