This unconventional turkey chili is a crowd-pleaser with its savory combination of seasonings and spices. It packs a hefty protein punch with ground turkey, cheese, and beans—along with the benefits of a medley of colorful veggies The dark chocolate also gives a subtle richness you’ll love.
Recipe courtesy of Bonnie Taub-Dix, RDN, creator of BetterThanDieting.com and author of Read it Before You Eat It – Taking You from Label to Table.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 350 calories
- 20 grams protein
- 16 grams fat
- 36 grams carbs
Makes 8 servings
20 minutes min.
40 minutes min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces) kidney beans in spicy chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, cooked
- 1/2 each red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed multigrain tortilla chips
- To taste salt and pepper
How to make it