You don’t need meat to add flavor to chili, and this vegetarian recipe proves it..
By using the right combination of spices, you can really rev up the heat or add a nice depth to your meal. Here, chili powder, paprika, coffee, and cayenne do the trick. It’s an unconventional combination, but it works perfectly with beans, tomatoes, and corn.
Recipe by Kelly’s Choice Nutrition.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 90 calories
- 4g protein
- 1.5g fat
- 16g carbs
- 6g sugar
Makes 8-10 servings
2 hours, 25 min.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved and roasted
- 2 (16 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans
- 3 chipotle chilis, dried
- 1 white onion, medium diced
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 green bell pepper, medium diced
- ½ cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 ½ tsp ground coffee
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp cayenne powder
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, whole leaves
- Optional garnish: grated sharp cheddar cheese
How to make it