Dinner can get a bit challenging when you’re trying to keep costs down to a minimum—and still make wholesome, healthy meals. We’ve got just the recipe to help you maximize flavor and cost efficiency: a whole-grain pasta skillet with Brussels sprouts and sausage.
Here, they’re tossed with olive oil and dried oregano—both of which you probably have in your pantry.
Pro tip: Stock up on whole-grain or high-protein pasta when you see it on sale.
Price per serving: $2.30
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 8 servings
- ½ lb. any shape noodle
- 6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. spicy ground Italian sausage (ideally all-natural)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup riced broccoli
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup freshly grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
How to make it