Bow-tie pasta is the best vehicle for a delicious sauce, making it perfect for the rich and flavorful ricotta cheese sauce in this recipe. Mix in some chicken for a protein fix and you’ll be left with a brilliant pasta dish you won’t believe you put together yourself.
Nutrition (per serving)
461 calories; 47g protein; 48g carbs; 10g fat
Makes 1 servings
- ¼ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fat-free milk
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 4 oz trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ cup yellow squash rounds
- ½ cup zucchini rounds
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup cooked (2 oz dry) whole-wheat bow tie pasta
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
How to make it
Mix the ricotta, milk, olive oil, 2 tsp parmesan, and minced garlic in a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, and set aside.
Sprinkle the chicken, squash, and zucchini with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mist with spray. Add chicken, squash, and zucchini in a single layer. Cook the chicken 1–2 minutes per side until no longer pink inside.
While the chicken cooks, heat the cheese mixture in the microwave until just hot. Transfer the chicken and squash to a medium bowl, and add the cooked bow ties and cheese mixture. Toss. Season with additional salt, pepper, parmesan, and pepper flakes, and serve.