The best part of cooking with sardines is that, first, you probably won’t have to do any actual cooking at all; and second, you’ll feel like a gourmet chef when really all you did is mix a bunch of ingredients together.
But we won’t steal your thunder. You can eat these by themselves or on top of your favorite whole grain cracker. Feel free to substitute for King Oscar Skinless & Boneless Sardines without the oil, as well.
Recipe and photo courtesy of King Oscar.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cans King Oscar Sardines with spicy cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil from can, with peppers
- 12-18 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
Reserve oil and cracked pepper from can.
Halve and core the cherry tomatoes.
Coarsely chop all other ingredients, mix together, and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon tapenade into tomato halves.