Grilled Farm Bruschetta
- 1 loaf rustic sourdough bread
- 8 oz hanger steak
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 oz mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- sherry vinegar, to taste
- minced chives
- Roast the spaghetti squash by splitting in half and cooking at 400°. Then sprinkle with salt and a small amount of oil. Once tender, roughly one hour, remove from oven and cool. Scoop the flesh out with a fork and reserve for later.
- Split the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Mix with a small amount of olive oil, sherry vinegar, chives, and let marinate.
- Lightly oil a few slices of sourdough. Grill on both sides. Meanwhile, lightly season the steak with salt and pepper. Sear on grill on all sides. Set aside to rest.
- To finish, sauté the spaghetti squash, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Slice the meat. Assemble the ingredients on top of the grilled sourdough. Finish with salt and parmesan.
Recipe courtesy Executive Chef Matt Padilla of The Inn at Dos Brisas in Washington, Texas.Back to top