Plenty of guys shy away from ordering salads because, more often than not, they’re boring and bland. But this ain’t your average pile of lettuce.
This Spanish-inspired recipe, which you can throw together in five minutes or less, combines protein-packed sardines, spicy piquillo peppers, and Spanish-style olives to create the perfect balance of flavor and texture.
Recipe and photo courtesy of King Oscar.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!
Makes 1 servings
- For the salad: 1 can King Oscar Skinless & Boneless Spanish-Style Sardines, drained, oil reserved
- 5 cups (5 oz) prepared mixed salad greens
- 1 oz prepared piquillo or roasted red peppers
- 10-12 Spanish-style olives
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 oz shaved Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz slivered almonds
- For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Reserved oil from sardines
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
Break fish into bite-size chunks.
Whisk dressing ingredients until combined, and toss with fish and salad ingredients.
Top salad with cheese and slivered almonds, serve immediately.