Using greens as a vehicle for the well-seasoned mushrooms in these wraps cuts carbs out of the equation. Instead of overdoing it on calories, enjoy these wraps guilt-free.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 151; total fat: 6g; protein: 8g; carbohydrates: 28g; sugar: 8g
Recipe and photo by Megan Ware, R.D.N., of Nutrition Awareness.
Makes 3 servings
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, small diced
- 10 oz cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 oz mini Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped, hard stems removed if necessary
- ½ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 10 mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- Large romaine lettuce leaves (about 8)
How to make it
Whisk ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl with a fork. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, and stir-fry until soft. Add ginger mixture and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the cilantro, mint, and green onions, and remove from heat.
Serve mushroom mixture on large romaine leave,s and fold over on each side to make into a wrap.