If your Summer Body Project is to pack on size, we’ve got just the sandwich for you. This avocado and prosciutto burger pocket is the perfect blend of protein, carbs, and fat to help you build muscle and recover from workouts faster than ever.
6 servings: 636 calories, 56 grams of protein.
This recipe was prepared and photographed by Rob Smith.
What you need:
· 2 lbs ground beef
· 2 eggs (beaten)
· garlic powder
· cayenne pepper
· ground black pepper
· 1 package prosciutto
· 2 avocados
· lime juice
· sea salt
· crumbled feta cheese
· whole-wheat pita pockets
· In a bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, and ground black pepper. Shape 4 equal-size patties and set aside. (While preparing the burger you can also bake the prosciutto (see step 1 below).
Clean and Simple Avocado Spread:
· Mix avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and a dash of salt and pepper by hand or using a food processor
Making it happen:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place prosciutto on a lined baking pan or roasting rack, laying slices flat. Bake until fat turns golden and meat is darker, about 15 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to paper towels to drain (it will crisp as it cools).
2. Season patties with salt and place in the skillet. Allow to brown on one side, approximately 2–3 minutes, and then flip. Add crumbled feta cheese and place in oven under broiler. Cook to desired doneness.
3. Assemble your burger inside the pita pocket, topping with avocado spread and prosciutto.