Olivier Rousselle, Executive Chef at Luxe Hotels, based in Los Angeles, has created a Moroccan-style lamb dish with apricots, zucchini, peas, lemon, and cashews. He says: "It's a great recipe for summer because it's a great combination of summer ingredients and Moroccan spices."
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
• 1 tsp cumin ground
• 1 tsp coriander ground
• 25g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
• 750g lamb shoulder, cut into bite-sized pieces
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 small zucchini, sliced
• 2 cups fresh peas
• 1 red pepper, sliced
• 4 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and cut into chunks
• a small bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
• 100g cashew nuts
• 100g Dried apricots
• 1 lemon comfit
1. Combine meat, spices, onion, ginger, and olive oil and pour in enough water to just cover it. Bring water to a boil, reduce the heat, cover slow-cooker with a lid and cook gently for about 1 hour.
2. Season the cooking juices with salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients for 15 more minutes.
3. When the vegetables break down and meat is soft, enjoy with a flat bread and a Moroccan rose wine.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top