Chipotle Carne Asada Touchdown Tacos!
(makes 20-24 appetizer-size tacos)
- 2 lb flank or skirt steak (vegetarian option: 1 lb portabello mushrooms)
For the marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chipotle chili sauce, reserved from the can
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 20 flour tortillas, cut into smaller rounds with a round cookie cutter
- Cotija cheese crumbles
- Juice from lime wedges
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients for the marinade.
- Add in the skirt or flank steak. Coat both sides of the steak with the marinade. Wrap with bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- In a large skillet, grill pan, or sauté pan, add the marinated steak. Cook for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature.
- Allow the steak to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the steak into ½-inch pieces on the bias—that is, against the grain.
- Fill tacos with the carne asada and top with Cotija cheese, a squeeze of lime, and chopped cilantro.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!