Ultimate Crispy Chicken Wings
Serves 6 to 8
– 1 quart peanut oil
– 1 cup white rice flour
– 2 tbsp salt, plus more to taste
– 1 tbsp black pepper
– 12 chicken wings, split into drumettes and flats (24 pieces total)
1. Fill a wide, sturdy skillet or pot with oil and set over high heat.
2. As oil heats, mix rice flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge each wing in the seasoned flour.
3. Line a sheet pan with paper towels and set a wire cooling rack on top. Set oven to warm, and divide wings into 3 batches.
4. When oil reaches 375°F, fry 1 batch of wings for 31⁄2 minutes per side, transfer to rack, and season with salt. Reserve in the warm oven.
5. Repeat the process for remaining batches. When all wings are cooked, toss sparingly with desired sauce (below), and serve.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top