Why wait until Tuesday to enjoy your tacos? Prepare the chicken over the weekend and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. This helps save time during your busy workday and allows you to enjoy them any night of the week.
Nutrition (per taco)*
Calories: 358; Total Fat: 9.9 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 34 grams; Carbohydrates: 39 grams; Sugar: 11 grams; Fiber: 7 grams; Cholesterol: 72 milligrams; Sodium: 1,127 milligrams
*Nutrition info will vary depending on the size and type of tortilla used.
Recipe provided by Rebecca Clyde R.D., C.D. a nutrition/wellness blogger at Be Truly Nourished.
Makes 4 servings
- For the lemon-honey chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts (about 12 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or low sodium soy sauce)
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the tacos:
- 12 oz lemon honey chicken
- 4 softs tacos, either flour or corn
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado
- Salsa of your choice
How to make it
For the chicken: Add chicken breasts and all ingredients to plastic bag or bowl. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, grill chicken until cooked through.
Shred chicken once cooled.
For the tacos: Add all ingredients on top of tortillas, fold and enjoy.