We suggest you first get an air fryer, then some chicken. Nothing you do this weekend will have been more worthwhile — OK, or maybe as delicious — as making this recipe.
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sambal chili sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro stems
- 8 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 10 cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp sliced jalapeño
1. Wash chicken under cold water and drain.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk fish and sambal sauces and lemon and lime juices. Add garlic, sugar, and cilantro stems.
3. Whisk in peanut oil, followed by sesame oil.
4. Add chicken wings to bowl and marinate, covered, for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat air fryer to 360° (or level 4 on the DeLonghi).
6. Add ¼ cup marinade and wings to fryer; cook for 20 minutes. Skin should be caramelized.
7. Remove wings, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle sesame seeds, cilantro leaves, and (if you want it hot) jalapeños.
Get the latest recipes, beers news, and more delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up now for the Men’s Journal newsletter.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!