Yuca Fries With Salsa Diablo
Courtesy of chef Enrique Limardo of Alma Cocina Latina in Baltimore
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 large yucas, peeled and cut into fry-shaped spears
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz canned roasted red peppers
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 1⁄2 oz Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz jarred sofrito
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Chopped fresh hot pepper (like chile de arbol) to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a large pot of water salted with kosher salt, over high heat, boil yuca until it starts to soften, 8 to 10 minutes; strain, rinse in cold water, and transfer to a baking sheet. Drizzle yuca with oil and arrange so fries aren’t touching. Bake yuca until crispy, flipping once, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the pitcher of a blender, blitz together peppers, tomato, Worcestershire, sofrito, sugar, and salt until peppers are completely broken down. Add hot pepper to taste and blend until smooth. Serve fries immediately with salsa.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top