At first the thought of making brownies from chickpeas and peas may seem all wrong, but trust us, your tastebuds and your waistline will thank you. This recipe comes courtesy of Tay Sweat, founder of The Vegan Trainer fitness and nutrition coaching service.
- 2 cups warm, filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener, confectioners
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 scoops pea protein powder
How to make it
In one bowl, combine warm water, peanut butter, and sugar.
In a separate bowl, sift together protein powder, cocoa, flour, and baking powder.
Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients to make a thick frosting-like batter.
Scoop batter into greased pan, smooth surface, and bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes.