Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 69; total fat: 3.6g; saturated fat: 1.4g; protein: 3.8g; carbohydrates: 7.4g; sugar: 2.1g; fiber: 2g; cholesterol: 5mg; sodium: 147mg
Recipe and photo by Lauren Harris-Pincus, M.S., R.D.N., owner of Nutrition Starring You, LLC.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large zucchini, sliced very thin
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced very thin
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 medium vine tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
How to make it
Preheat oven to 350°.
Toss zucchini, onions, and olive oil in a large bowl. Add parsley, basil, salt, and pepper, and combine well.
Spray an oven-safe dish with olive oil cooking spray.
Create a pattern of alternating 3-4 zucchini slices with onion mixture and a slice of tomato until all the vegetables are in the dish.
Top with a light mist of olive oil cooking spray.
Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil, and continue to bake another 20-25 minutes until cheese is nicely browned and vegetables are soft.