- ½ cup high-fat (4% or higher) cottage cheese
- ½ cup whey protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Omega 3, 6, 9 oil (nut-based)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- lard, butter, or olive oil spray
- pure maple syrup
1. Preheat skillet to medium.
2. Combine all ingredients (except syrup) in blender. Blend until smooth texture, thickening with additional whey powder, if necessary.
3. Grease pan using lard, butter, or olive oil spray.
4. Pour batter into pan; flip when bubbles form.
Makes 4 four-inch pancakes. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Joe’s Comments: Pancakes are my guilty-pleasure, and this recipe allows me to enjoy them without the heavy carbohydrate cost. The base recipe has nearly no carbohydrates, so even with using real maple syrup, the overall carbohydrate load is low.Back to top