Until your child is 2 years old, never give her honey, says Delbridge. Honey can contain a toxic bacteria that causes botulism, a potentially fatal disease. “This bacteria won’t hurt most adults, but young kids’ immune systems haven’t been built up enough to fight it off,” he explains. This bacteria can be present in any type of honey—raw, highly processed, it doesn’t matter—so avoid it altogether.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top