He might be heading past 60, but Dolph Lundgren is still as jacked as ever.
Whether he’s starring alongside old pals like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Expendables series or playing a villain on the hit TV show Arrow, Lundgren is showing no signs of slowing down.
Three decades after he became world famous for his role as Ivan Drago in Rocky IV, the Swedish martial artist/actor still looks like he could “break” anyone who steps up to fight him.
And while legendary actor has plenty of brawn, he brings the brains too—Lundgren reportedly has an IQ of 160 and previously studied chemical engineering in college. Lundgren loves to show off his workouts and “old man strength” on social media, much like other jacked dudes like Terry Crews, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, and Men’s Fitness cover star Vin Diesel.
Here are 11 times Lundgren felt he “must break” Instagram with his workouts:
11. Even Dolph knows he needs to drop the weights and get some running in.
Walking, or running in the sand is great for your legs and your whole body. Why do you think the Brazilians have those tight, muscular bodies? If you don't have a beach near, try to walk somewhere with a soft surface, like a football field, or a park. Hard surfaces take a toll on your joints. The softer the surface and the thinner the shoes, the better. Your bare feet making contact with the earth has a healing quality. Plus the view and the fresh air… you can't beat it! They say that mailmen have a longer life span than most. They walk everyday, pretty far, at a normal pace, up and down stairs and get plenty of fresh air. Photo: @danielsaxlidphotography
10. Yeah, Dolph still can kick ass—literally—after all these years:
9. Lundgren shows off his triceps and delts while doing pushups on the beach:
It’s hard to do 100 pushups straight, but if you want to beat this tough fitness challenge, check out this guide from Men’s Fitness.
8. Dolph brings out the medicine ball to work his pecs, triceps, and delts with more pushups on the beach:
Want to change up your usual pushup routine? Try these 15 awesome variations from Men’s Fitness and build your upper body.
7. The shirt says it all. Dolph starts the New Year with a workout alongside his daughter Ida Lundgren:
6. Lundgren still has that Drago punching power:
5. “My name is Drago. I’m a fighter from the Soviet Union. I fight all my life and I never lose. Soon I fight Rocky Balboa, and the world will see his defeat. Soon, the whole world will know my name.”
4. Lundgren grabs some big dumbbells for shoulder presses:
Want to blast your upper body and build muscle? Try the 30 best shoulder exercises of all time.
3. Throwback: Lundgren always could lift some massive weights.
2. Lundgren gets his forearm veins popping for a workout:
1. “I must break you.” Muscles like this are why Lundgren was such a badass in Rocky IV:
BONUS: Okay, let’s be honest—who the hell wouldn‘t want to see Lundgren play Cable in the Deadpool sequel?
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!