Do an easy cleanse.
When was the last time you thought about your liver? The organ plays a role in 500 vital processes, from digestion to balancing hormones to ridding the body of toxins. “Not one of us is immune to environmental toxins,” says Linda Page, author of Detoxification. “A detox is one of the best ways to remain healthy in today’s world.” This three-day cleanse, she says, will boost energy, brighten your mood, and improve your complexion.
- On rising: Squeeze a lemon into an eight-ounce glass of water and drink. Add a dozen or so drops of herbal extracts that aid digestion, like dandelion root, cardamom, or orange peel.
- Breakfast: One eight-ounce glass of carrot/beet/cucumber juice or organic apple juice. One eight- to 12-ounce bowl of miso soup.
- Midmorning: One eight-ounce glass of vegetable juice; or mix a green superfood powder – spirulina, barley grass, or chlorella – with water or vegetable juice.
- Lunch: One eight-ounce glass of carrot juice or organic apple juice.
- Midafternoon: One cup of peppermint or dandelion-root tea.
- Dinner: A cup of cooked brown rice; a cup of steamed, organic veggies; and a glass of mixed vegetable juice or carrot juice.
- Before bed: Another glass of lemon juice in water or pineapple or papaya juice.