He might be nearing retirement age, but Jean-Claude Van Damme can still ass-kick with the best of them.
The legendary actor and martial arts master has continued to keep himself in prime shape decades after he broke onto the scene as one of the most badass men in Hollywood with films like Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Universal Soldier, Timecop, Hard Target, and, of course, Street Fighter.
But even though Van Damme is pushing 60, he’s stayed plenty busy in his twilight years, starring in projects like The Expendables 2 (as the physically dominating and perfectly named villain “Jean Vilian”), Jean-Claude Van Johnson, JCVD, and Kickboxer: Vengeance. He’s teaming up with old pal Dolph Lundgren for a new CIA action thriller Black Water—and maybe even Expendables 4.
Let’s put it this way: He’s still someone you still wouldn’t want to face off against if you’re walking down a dark alley late at night. Need more proof? Just like his buddies from the Expendables series—Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, and Terry Crews—JCVD likes to show off his physical prowess (and kickboxing skills) on social media.
Here are 15 times JCVD kicked ass with his Insta posts:
15. Van Damme strikes a pose before hitting the machines for a workout:
14. Van Damme blasts his chest while challenging himself to push harder:
13. JCVD shows off his massive biceps and shredded back while taking a workout break:
12. If anyone can teach Nick and Nate Diaz the proper kickboxing technique, it’s JCVD:
11. If you needed any more proof that JCVD is jacked as hell…
10. Van Damme shows off his mighty lats and traps after a workout:
9. JCVD gets his veins popping in the gym:
8. Van Damme gives some motivation advice and a goal to strive for—monstrous biceps:
7. It’s a throwback, but JCVD still looks as jacked now as he did here:
6. Yeah, Van Damme is pretty swole:
5. Van Damme’s muscles look like they’re about to pop out of his tank:
4. Van Damme shows off his rock-hard abs, straight from the set of Maximum Risk:
3. JCVD pumps up with a dumbbell workout:
2. Man’s best friend is always a good workout partner as Van Damme blasts his chest:
1. So that’s how JCVD gets his biceps looking so big: