A Dose of Medicine Ball
The power and explosive movements in this routine help you work every area of the body. Grab a 10- to 20-pound medicine ball and do five rounds of the following moves, trying not to rest in between rounds. —Don Saladino, owner of Drive 495 in New York City
- Medicine ball lunge with rotation: Holding a medicine ball in both hands at chest, lunge forward with right foot while simultaneously rotating to the right side. Push back to start and repeat on other side. Do 10 reps on each side.
- Medicine ball side-step-slams: Stand with medicine ball in both hands and side lunge to the right while simultaneously slamming the ball down to the ground. Catch it, return to start, and repeat on other side. Do 10 reps on each side.
- Medicine ball push-ups:Place hands on top of medicine ball in push-up position. Keeping elbows in, lower chest down to touch the ball. Do 10 reps.
- Medicine ball lateral bounds: Place ball on floor, and jump from side to side over it, pushing off with one leg and landing on the other. You should never have both feet on the ground at the same time, and your jumps should be as explosive as possible — try to cover some ground and get some height. Do 10 reps on each side.
- Medicine ball bent-over row: Stand with the medicine ball in both hands. Hinge forward at hips, pushing butt back, and slightly bend knees. Straighten arms so that medicine ball is close to floor, then bend elbows back to row it up to torso,so that it taps your midsection. Do 20 reps.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top