Try to do five rounds of this routine, taking no more than 30 minutes to complete it. You’ll need a medicine ball and either a step-up box or a stair. —Ross Anti, personal trainer in New York City
- Front-loaded single-leg deadlift: Hold a medicine ball at waist level. Hinge forward at the waist, letting one leg go straight out behind you and keeping the other knee slightly bent. Keep hinging forward until ball touches floor and leg is straight behind you, then reverse to standing. Take 3 seconds down and 3 seconds back up. Do 10 reps each side.
- Step-ups: Find a high box or step and step up onto it using one leg. Do 15 steps each leg.
- Bear crawl: Get on all fours, butt high in the air. Crawl forward for 30 strides.
- Side plank dips: Get into a side plank with feet stacked on top of each other, weight on either your hand or forearm. Slowly lower hips to tap ground, then lift back up. Do 15 reps per side.
- Squat with a medicine ball slam: Holding a medicine ball overhead, squat down as you slam the ball to the ground. Catch it, stand up, and repeat. Do 30 seconds continuous.
- Rest 45 seconds, repeat from top.
For access to exclusive gear videos, celebrity interviews, and more, subscribe on YouTube!Back to top